Grocery iQ 2.6 for Android Mobile Devices Now Available
Popular Shopping List App’s New Features Include Simplified List Creation, New Retail Partners
Mountain View, Calif. – December 10, 2012 – Coupons.com Incorporated today announced the availability of a new version of Grocery iQ®, the popular shopping list app for mobile devices. Version 2.6 for Android™ devices introduces new features and usability enhancements that make creating, managing and sharing shopping lists, as well as using coupons, on a mobile device even better. Version 2.6 is free and available now in the Google Play™ Store.
“With the wealth of updates to Grocery iQ, shoppers can further streamline the process of building their grocery lists and finding savings with coupons,” said Steven Boal, CEO of Coupons.com Incorporated. “By adding items to lists using voice recognition or scanning bar codes on products, creating shopping lists can become a more enjoyable task, and with just a few clicks to add coupons to your list, it’s even easier to save.”
Often cited as a “must-have” app, Grocery iQ has been recommended by numerous national publications and broadcast outlets such as Oprah, The Today Show, The CBS Early Show, Forbes, USA Today, The New York Times and The Chicago Tribune, and even used on the reality TV show Top Chef Masters.
Highlights of the new features in Grocery iQ 2.6 include:
- Simplified List Creation, Management and Organization
- New lists can now be created right from the main page using the Lists tab, where lists can be added for type of store (grocery, drug store, etc.), events (like Sam’s Birthday, Pot Luck Dinner, Monthly Stock up Trip, etc.) or any other way users like to organize and plan their shopping trips.
- Enhanced voice recognition allows for the addition of several items to a list at a time by dictating multiple items in a continuous list.
- Barcode scanning allows users to easily scan and add multiple items to a list in a single action.
- New search functionality makes it easier to find coupons and items in Favorites and History.
- History and Favorites lists can be filtered, and users can aggregate list items by selecting the “All” items filter.
- Better Coupon Integration
- Meijer is added to the long list of retailers at which consumers can use pure digital coupons; Giant Eagle, Lowes Foods and Marsh were added recently. Users can digitally load coupons and the savings are automatically deducted from the total at checkout—without the need for clipping or scanning printed coupons.
- Improved Design
- The overall look and feel of the app has been updated to accommodate Android devices running operating systems 4.0 (ICS) and greater.
iPhone® and iPad® users can download Grocery iQ for iOS in the Apple® App Store. Grocery iQ is free to download, and users can sync lists across platforms including iOS, Android and web. For more information, visit www.groceryiq.com.
About Coupons.com Incorporated
Coupons.com Incorporated is the recognized leader in digital coupons, including online printable, save to loyalty card and mobile promotions. For consumers, the company’s products include Coupons.com, the 40th largest website in the U.S. (†), as well as Grocery iQ and Coupons.com mobile applications. For brand marketers, the company distributes digital coupons to millions of consumers through Coupons.com and tens of thousands of websites comprising the Coupons.com digital coupon network. The company also powers digital coupon initiatives in 1-to-1 online marketing campaigns—including display advertising, email and social media programs. For publishers, the company offers solutions to monetize website traffic, including branded microsites, and Brandcaster, a self-service coupons syndication platform. Clients include hundreds of top consumer packaged goods brands (including Clorox, General Mills, Johnson & Johnson, Kellogg’s, Kimberly-Clark, and Kraft Foods), leading restaurant, toy and entertainment companies, as well as top retailers (such as A&P, CVS, Duane Reade, H-E-B, Kmart, Kroger, Safeway and Walgreens). Founded in 1998, the company is based in Mountain View, CA. To start printing coupons, visit www.coupons.com. To learn more about the company visit www.couponsinc.com. Visit Coupons.com on Facebook at www.facebook.com/couponscom.
† Nielsen, October 2012