Do's and Don'ts
There are a lot of online coupons out there. You may come across offers that appear to be legitimate coupons, but you aren't sure. Here are some simple guidelines on how to verify and get the most from online coupons.
- You should never see the actual coupon on your screen, only an offer to print it. Real coupons require special software to print proper barcodes and limit the number of prints of each coupon.
- Print coupons only from the brand website for the products you are interested in, or well-known savings sites like Coupons.com or major websites that you trust.
- Avoid coupon-swapping sites and websites that post images of coupons.
- Never pay for a coupon.
- Don't buy coupons on auction sites.
- Don't make or use copies of coupons or printouts of scanned images of coupons.
- Be suspicious of printable coupons for a free product or one that seems too good to be true. It probably is!
If you come across a coupon that you think is fraudulent, do everyone a favor and let us know!