b. Products and Services:
- GroceryIQ® App
- Coupons.com App
- Brandcaster (brandcaster.coupons.com)
- View, print, download, save, and/or display coupons.
- Shop with or redeem coupons.
- Register with us or our Affiliates.
- Use our Sites to create and sync shopping lists.
- Interact with advertisements on our Sites.
- Communicate with our customer service team for support.
- Participate in certain programs, offers, and promotions.
- Use our referral service to tell your friend(s) about our coupons.
- Sharing with others, or inviting others to share your shopping list, recipes, offers, ratings, or other user-generated content.
- Register a loyalty account or card, payment card or similar account identifier with us.
- Register or interact with us via social networking sites or services (such as Facebook Connect, Pinterest, Twitter, or other social media provider)
- Post user-generated content on any of our Sites.
b. Our Coupon Printing Software
When you visit our Sites or download and install our coupon printing software, toolbar, or mobile applications on your computer or other device, we may collect and store information about that device that helps us manage our products and services, deliver a more customized experience for you, and detect and prevent coupon fraud. Instructions on uninstalling our toolbar and our coupon printer software are available at this website: www.couponsinc.com/corp/source/u_uninstall.asp
A device identifier remains associated with your computer even after uninstalling the coupon printer software. This identifier is used primarily to prevent coupon fraud and does not collect personally identifiable information.
c. Cookies and Web Beacons
When you visit a Site, we may store one or more cookies or other similar information (i.e., a string of alphanumeric characters or small text file that includes information regarding a coupon that you identified, data for a recipe or menu item that you selected, or other information that relates to your use of our Sites) on your device. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Sites. These persistent cookies can be removed, but each web browser is a little different. Please review your browser’s Help menu to learn how to modify your cookies setup and how to manage your cookies.
Our Sites may also use web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are placed in the code of a webpage.
d. Automatically Collected Information
When you use the Sites, open one of our emails, or interact with our products, promotions, and services on our Affiliates’ sites, we may use technology (including web beacons and cookies, IP addresses, unique device IDs, user IDs, and log files) to automatically collect non-personally identifiable information including:
- Coupon activity (such as requesting, printing, and saving to a loyalty account or a linked payment card).
- Application activity (such as searches performed and features accessed).
- Web browser type and other device attributes.
- The website that referred you.
- The web pages you viewed.
- The advertisements you viewed and clicked.
- The dates and times that you visited or used the Sites.
We may link automatically collected information to personally identifiable information you submit while on the Sites when you are logged in or in connection with a service you have requested. For example, if you sign up for our Grocery iQ application, we may store your user ID together with your email address so that you can manage and, if you chose, to share your shopping list.
e. Flash Cookies
To personalize your experience, we may use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences (e.g., volume control) or to display content based upon what you view on our Site. Affiliates with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Sites or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity may use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser may not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, please visit this website: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html#117118
If you choose to use our referral service to tell someone else about our Sites, we will ask you for that person’s name and email address. We will use the information you provide to automatically send to that person an email inviting him or her to the Sites you recommended. We do not share this email with any third party. They may contact us at http://www.couponsinc.com/contact/ to request that we remove this information from our database.
g. Lists & List Sharing
If you use lists features on our Sites, (e.g., in our Grocery iQ mobile application or website), we will collect and store for you the items you put on your lists. We also may use that information to serve you tailored advertising, coupons or other content. For instance, if your list includes baby food, we may present you with a coupon or advertisement from us or an Affiliate for baby food or related items, such as diapers. If you choose to invite someone to share your shopping list, we may ask you to provide us with that person’s email address in order to send them your invitation. We store this information in order to administer the list sharing feature. They may contact us at http://www.couponsinc.com/contact/ to request that we remove this information from our database.
h. Location Information
Use of the Sites, including our mobile applications, may include location-based services. If you use those services, we may receive information about your location which we may use to send you geographically relevant promotions or advertisements.
i. Analytic Tools
j. Promotions, Sweepstakes, & Contests
From time to time, we may sponsor sweepstakes, contests, other promotions or surveys. Personally identifiable information may be required as a condition of participation for purposes of verifying entrants’ identities, notifying winners and fulfilling prizes. We will not use or disclose any such information beyond the particular program in which you are participating unless we receive your consent to do so. If we engage a third party to assist us in administering a promotion or fulfilling prizes, this information will be disclosed to that third party.
k. Shopping and Coupon Redemption
If you participate in certain programs or services on our Site, we may receive information about your purchases when you shop and redeem coupons off our Sites. We may use that information to administer the program or service and for the other purposes described in Section 5 below.
l. Data Retention
- Operate, maintain, deliver, and communicate with you about the coupons, advertisements, content, and promotional offerings found on and off our Sites.
- Process and record coupon requesting and redemption activity.
- Manage and store shopping lists.
- Monitor the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Aggregate usage metrics (such as total number of visitors to the Sites and pages viewed, application usage and downloads, and interaction with advertisements).
- Understand usage trends and preferences.
- Improve the way the Sites work and look.
- Improve our marketing and promotional efforts.
- Provide you with a personalized experience on and off the Sites (such as recognizing your system so that you will not have to re-enter information during your current or future visit to the Sites) by using information internally, sharing information with our Affiliates, or using information from our Affiliates.
- Provide you with custom, personalized coupon promotions and advertisements on and off our Sites.
- Create new features and functionality.
- Anonymize and aggregate information for different purposes, such as website traffic flow analysis, market analysis, and to deliver relevant advertising and information, e.g., based on click stream data.
- For non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as customer service purposes).
- We also may use the device information to provide targeted ads to you based on your use of the Sites (e.g., based on your printing and redemption activity).
We may aggregate non-personally identifiable information (such as age, gender, household income, interests, zip code, state, coupon print and redemption data, purchase data and other automatically collected information that does not personally identify you) and share such aggregated information with our Affiliates in order to help them improve the marketing of their products and services. We may also share such non-personally identifiable information with our Affiliates when you interact with our promotional content on their websites. An Affiliate may match the non-personally identifiable information we provide with personally identifiable information you have previously provided to that Affiliate. For instance, if you have signed up for a loyalty account from one of our Affiliates, such as a grocery retailer, and request that our coupon be saved to that loyalty account, we will provide the Affiliate with the coupon and other information necessary to fulfill your request. The Affiliate may then match the information with your loyalty account which may contain your personally identifiable information. We also may share such non-personally identifiable information with third-party ad servers, ad networks, and data exchanges (“Ad Partners”) so that they can tailor their advertisements to your apparent interests and deliver those advertisements to you while you are either on our Sites or on Affiliate or third-party websites. For example, if you print pet food coupons, then an Ad Partner may conclude that you have a pet and display a pet care supply advertisement instead of a random advertisement. In addition, Ad Partners themselves use technologies (such as cookies, pixels, and beacons) to collect information about your browsing behavior on our Sites which they may match with information they have previously collected (including personally identifiable information you have provided to them). However, we do not share personally identifiable information with Ad Partners, and we do not permit Ad Partners to collect personally identifiable information about you on our Sites. For information about how to opt out of receiving behavioral advertisements from advertising partners please visit this website: http://www.couponsinc.com/privacy-opt-out/
We may share information about you if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with local, state, or federal laws or to respond to a court order, judicial or other governmental subpoena or warrant, or in the event of bankruptcy proceedings. We also reserve the right to share information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability, protect us or our Affiliates from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses, investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, assist government enforcement agencies, protect the security or integrity of the Sites, and to protect our rights, property, or safety and those of our Affiliates and others.
In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from you as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personally identifiable information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personally identifiable information.
We offer you choices about how we use the information we collect through online tracking. Specifically, for information about how to opt out of receiving behavioral advertisements from us please visit this website: http://www.couponsinc.com/privacy-opt-out/
Please note we do not control communications between you and Affiliates or other third parties. Please refer to such third party in order to determine their opt-out procedures.
400 Logue Ave.
Mountain View, CA 94043
Attn: PrivacyFor customer service or technical questions, please submit a request using our online form at http://www.couponsinc.com/contact/